Meet Your Trainer
Hi fellow dog owners, my name is Taunee and I am the owner of Curious Paws Dog Training. What do I bring to the table?
Well aside from my love of these beautiful creatures, I bring extensive accredited training, and many years of experience, through work, and by volunteering with shelters to help those who need it most. Want the nitty gritty info?
Why Curious Paws?
We love animals, and we have trained extensively to find the best way to strengthen the bond between humans and their furry friends. We strongly believe in the practical approach to training owners and dogs. you take the reins and we guide you through it.
- You are your dogs handler so our approach to teaching is to show you how then to get you to do the training and guide you through it. Training should always be stress free and fun, this is our ethos.
- Before and after each class no matter the dogs age all surfaces are disinfected.
- Curious paws’ employees are police checked and fully insured!
- The chief trainer and owner is qualified to a higher diploma level in Canine Behaviour and Psychology.
- Our goal is to make happy dogs and happy people, who understand each other.
- We won’t leave you stranded, our after care service is just as hands on as our training.
- Add all this to our own personal passionate affinity for our four legged friends, and e-Ruff said!
- If there is a particular case that we cannot take on we have a network of qualified and certified trainers and vet behaviourists that we can refer you on to.
What do our clients say? Woof!..
Services: How we help you and your best friend
Please contact us for pricing which matches your needs!
Puppy School - 5 week course
$250 (5 x $50 per class)
Our puppy classes are about empowering and enabling you to train your own furry friend because you cant take the trainer home with you.
The puppy stage is a very important one in your dogs life. This is where all the training that you do really matters! Their little brains are like sponges taking everything they see and experience in so its important to start early.
This is why our puppy course is jam packed full of information. You will be provided beforehand with your training package of what we’ll be covering either in hard copy or pdf format, your choice. After each lesson you’ll be sent your homework and session notes on the next weeks criteria.
Our sessions are 100% practical, we do not spend the hour talking at you, we spend it watching you train your puppy and perfecting your technique, why? Because you’re your puppy’s trainer and all going well you will be for their entire life.
Training, if done right, is exactly like speaking to your puppy/dog and its a wonderful feeling!
The training areas that we cover are collective rather than singular behaviors in one session so that we can give you more in a short space of time!
Our teaching method is mostly in the form of fun games and realistic situations e.g. how to keep your puppy engaged while sitting at a cafe.
At the end of each class you will also receive training videos on what we have covered on the day to assist with further training from the comfort of your own home.
This is what we get up to when we’re not training dogs and owners in our evening classes. We come and collect your fur baby from your house and take them away on an adventure with like-minded friends for an hour.
This will either be a park or, if you don’t mind a damp pooch, when we return we could give them a quick dip in a nearby bay.
Each walk includes a photo capturing their outdoor experience with us.
Group walks are $30 per dog for the hour
-2nd dog from same household $25 for the hour.
Something different? Check out our “walk and train” service.
Walk & Train
Curious Paws is offering the opportunity to train your pet while out on a walk.
This service is specifically for clients who’s dogs have complex behavioural issues and they are unable to walk them themselves or their dog walkers refuse to. Please be advised that this service can only follow an in house behavioural consult so that we can find out what your dogs specific needs are.
If you’re interested in this service just call our friendly team and we’ll be happy to give you a complimentary phone consult.
*Please note that T&C’s do apply with this service. If your dog has specific challenging behaviors they may need to be addressed first. Contact us to find out how we can help!
Clicker Fun - Super charged puppy training!
We are excited to announce that we are now providing clicker training classes! If you don’t know what a clicker is, or clicker training, then you are in for a real treat.
Clicker training and the science that goes with it has been around for over 30 years. It is by far the most fun and effective method to train not just dogs, but pretty much any animal you encounter within their ability and environment. Interested?
- The best thing about clicker training, is that it encourages weird and wonderful creative behaviors from your dog and it builds the bond between you like no other training can. Can you tell that its my favourite way to train?
- You will also be provided with the clicker! Curious Paws is qualified with the Karen Pryor Clicker Training Academy, so we are confident we can guide you through your clicker training journey.
- Our classes are set up so that each individual has their own space to move around in freely and and small enough so each person gets individual assistance.
- This class is for all puppies 8-12 weeks. However this doesn’t mean you can’t try an individual clicker class with your new adult dog or new rescue”.
Contact us to find out more!
One on One - We come to you!
$300 for 2 hour min. personalised session.
We offer in home dog training covering common unwanted behaviours, such as:
- Destructive chewing
- Pulling on lead
- Excessive barking
- House soiling
- Fear and general anxiety
- Separation Anxiety
And many more behaviors. Call our friendly team for further assistance on what might suit you best.
In home training sessions tend to run for a minimum of 2 hours, and if further bookings are needed, an hour for the following session.
In the current covid19 environment we are offering online sessions for private training.
Contact us for more information.
Some answers to the things you might be wondering.
You will be sent weekly homework explaining the theory behind the behaviours we teach and how puppies learn and when the critical periods of learning are. In class you will be taught how to put the theory into practice but in order for your puppy to progress further, class materials should be read thoroughly at home for the best results.
Unfortunately the puppy cannot attend without proper vaccinations. Classes focus on socialising with both humans and other puppies, contact is unavoidable therefore vaccinations are mandatory.
If your puppy is 12 weeks old they can go into the next class. Older dogs cannot be put into lower age classes due to the developmental learning phases that puppies go through there is an exception for some dogs but this will be discussed in person.
If you are unable to join a class please phone the trainer to let them know at least 48 hours before hand so someone else can take your place. You will be sent the theory and a practical video on that weeks session. No partial refunds can be given in this instance and we will try to place you somewhere else.
Owners are welcome to come to the class without their puppy and will receive homework and can observe the practical demonstrations, this will still be useful.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early and let your puppy relieve itself before class begins to avoid having to go out during the session
- Wear closed shoes and suitable attire for full participation
- To keep your pet eager and engaged in the training sessions, please refrain from feeding him or her before the class. This includes in home training sessions. They will be less likely to want to run around on a full stomach
- Proof of first and second vaccinations
- Collar and lead
- Your pet’s normal food and also something extra tasty that you know they like, in a bag and 1 toy that your pet loves to play with (preferably a tug toy)
- The classes are 100% practical which makes it more fun for owners and puppies so it is very important that you read and practice the exercises sent out by the trainer before each week’s class. This will help you and your dog get the best out of the training sessions
- If you need to cancel your appointment prior to starting a course with us please give your trainer at least 48 hours notice so that someone else can have your place on the day
- Payment in full, for the full course is taken on your first day
For Bookings & inquiries please email or call at:
Follow us on Social Media for fun tips & tricks
We provide classes in: